Skiing is the new adventure sport in Pakistan, with infrastructure updating at destinations in Northern areas we have the 5 top spots for skiing in Pakistan. Keep in mind that these destinations are beautiful in both the Summer and winter seasons so you can enjoy them in all seasons. Write a comment below so we can know how much you are interested in winter sports.
Skiing is a bit expensive sport, but now in Pakistan, used equipment is available to continue your journey from beginning to well-trained skiers. Let’s find out about the Top 5 Destinations for Skiing in Pakistan.
Here are The Top 5 Destinations for Skiing in Pakistan (2023):
1. Malam Jabba
Just only a 5 hrs drive from Islamabad but it’s a top-class destination for skiers, Facilities are a Zipline, Chairlift, and good land inclined for skiing. 5 Star hotel is also constructed to facilitate tourists so you can stay there and enjoy your winter vacations as well. Now locals are well trained as well, so they can teach you how to ski with proper gear. The zipline in Malam Jabba is also an attraction, it flies over the snow like a bird. Adventure sports in winter so the 1st key destination is Malam Jabba. Now international skiing events are also taking place in Malam Jabba.
2. Naltar Valley
Far away from the capital on the top hills of the Karakorum ranges, there is a valley known as Naltar. One of the highest elevated skiing resorts in the world where famous mountaineers come to match their adrenaline requirements and enjoy skiing sports events. Every year governments of Pakistan and Gilgit Baltistan organize an event named the Pakistan International Skiing Cup. With the help of foreign aid, in Naltar we also have the Chairlift, ski hangers, and machines to prepare the proper slope for skiing activities. In our List, Naltar is the second-best destination for Skiing in Pakistan.
One of the unrated but top winter sports destinations is Madaklasht Chitral, which is situated in the southeastern tip of district Chitral. This valley has huge potential but remained unexplored and most of the domestic tourists in Pakistan don’t know about this adventure destination. Last year Ukhano (YouTube vlogger) explored this valley and came up with a good location and a cinematic video that highlighted this valley as a winter destination in Pakistan for the domestic and international audience. If you are a well-trained skier and have a team along with you, we recommend you join the local event of skiing at Madaklast Valley this year.
4. Ganga Choti Azad Kashmir
Known for its conception landscape, lush green meadows, and a road curling between hills now it’s a top-class destination for skiing and other winter sports. The government of Azad Kashmir is planning to construct a Chairlift to spotlight the potential of tourism in that area. Ganga Choti is an underrating and hidden from domestic tourists in Pakistan.
5. Arrang Kel
Almost 8 hrs drive and 1 hr hike from Muzaffarabad Azad Kashmir, a well-known tourist destination Arrang kel is becoming good winter destination in Pakistan from last 2 years. The government is planning to promote tourism and especially winter sports, so we will the rise of winter sports in upcoming years.
What is Skiing and How To Perform It Properly?
Skiing is a popular winter sport and recreational activity where participants slide down snow-covered slopes on skis, which are long, flat devices designed to glide on snow. It’s a combination of physical skill, balance, and technique. Skiing can be done for fun, exercise, or as a competitive sport.
Here’s a basic guide on how to ski properly:
-You’ll need the right equipment. This includes skis, ski boots, bindings, poles, and appropriate clothing for the cold weather. Make sure your equipment is properly fitted and in good condition.
2. Stance and Balance:
– Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
– Bend your knees slightly to maintain balance and absorb shocks.
– Keep your weight centered over both skis, avoiding leaning too far forward or backward.
3. Basic Techniques:
– Gliding: Practice gliding on flat terrain first. Slide each ski forward and let it glide, then switch to the other ski. Maintain a slight wedge shape with the skis (pizza shape) to control your speed and stop.
– To turn left, gently press the right ski’s edge into the snow, and vice versa. This is called the “snowplow” or “wedge” turn.
– As you progress, you can learn parallel turns, where both skis remain parallel to each other during the turn. This requires shifting your weight and using edges effectively.
5. Pole Usage:
– Ski poles aid in balance and direction.
– Hold the poles correctly with the straps around your wrists.
– Plant the pole in the snow on the side opposite to the direction you want to turn and push off to help initiate the turn.
6. Controlled Speed and Stops:
– To control speed, make a wider wedge shape with your skis (pizza) or shift to parallel skiing.
– To stop, gradually increase the wedge angle until you come to a halt.
7. Terrain and Safety:
– Start on gentle slopes and progress to steeper ones as you gain confidence and skill.
– Follow ski trail ratings (green for beginners, blue for intermediate, black for advanced, double black for expert).
– Always be aware of your surroundings, other skiers, and obstacles.
– Follow the rules of the ski resort and pay attention to safety guidelines.
– Taking lessons from certified ski instructors is highly recommended for beginners. They can teach you proper techniques, and safety, and help you progress faster.
9. Practice and Patience:
– Skiing takes time to master. Be patient and practice regularly.
– Don’t be discouraged by falls or initial difficulties; they are part of the learning process.
Remember, skiing involves physical activity and can be physically demanding, so be sure to warm up, stay hydrated, and take breaks as needed. It’s important to prioritize safety and start with the basics before attempting more advanced techniques or challenging slopes.
Please consider taking proper training before skiing as it can be deadly and can injure you badly.
That’s a wrap on our Top 5 Destinations for Skiing in Pakistan (2023) Blog.
When you have any precise Travel-related questions, drop us a remark underneath!
If you like this Blog make sure to check out 7 Most Beautiful Villages in Pakistan