Babusar Top is a mountain pass located in the Kaghan Valley of Pakistan, at an elevation of 4,173 meters (13,691 feet) above sea level. The pass connects the Kaghan Valley with the Chilas district and is a popular tourist destination, known for its stunning natural beauty and breathtaking views.
The pass is named after Babur, the founder of the Mughal Empire, who is said to have crossed it in the 16th century. The road to Babusar Top is winding and treacherous, but the views from the top are worth the journey. On a clear day, you can see the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas, including Nanga Parbat, the second-highest mountain in the world.
In addition to its stunning scenery, Babusar Top is also home to a number of historical and cultural sites. These include the ruins of an ancient Buddhist monastery, as well as a number of forts and shrines.
The best time to visit Babusar Top is during the spring or fall, when the weather is mild. The pass is closed during the winter months due to heavy snowfall.
Here are some tips for visiting Babusar Top:
- Drive a 4×4 vehicle. The road to Babusar Top is narrow and winding, and a 4×4 vehicle will give you more stability and traction.
- Take plenty of water and snacks. The journey to Babusar Top is long and tiring, so it is important to stay hydrated and energized.
- Be prepared for the altitude. Babusar Top is located at a high altitude, so you may experience altitude sickness. Symptoms of altitude sickness include headache, nausea, and dizziness. If you experience any of these symptoms, descend to a lower altitude immediately.
- Be respectful of the local culture. The Kaghan Valley is a Muslim-majority region, so it is important to dress and behave respectfully.
Babusar Top is a beautiful and exciting place to visit. By following these tips, you can ensure that your trip is safe and enjoyable.
Here are some additional facts about Babusar Top:
- It is one of the highest motorable passes in Pakistan.
- It is a popular destination for hiking, trekking, and camping.
- The pass is also a major trade route between Pakistan and China.
- The Babusar Top Festival is held every year in July or August. The festival features traditional music, dance, and food.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding travel experience, then Babusar Top is the place for you. With its stunning scenery, rich history, and vibrant culture, Babusar Top is a must-visit destination for any traveler to Pakistan.