Pakistan is home to a number of beautiful lakes, each with its own unique charm. Some of these lakes are large and well-known, while others are smaller and more remote.
The Highest Lake in Pakistan: Sheosar Lake
The highest lake in Pakistan is Sheosar Lake, which is located in the Deosai National Park in the Gilgit-Baltistan region. The lake is situated at an altitude of 4,755 meters (15,600 feet), making it one of the highest lakes in the world. Sheosar Lake is a glacial lake, which means that it is fed by melting snow and ice. The lake is surrounded by snow-capped mountains and lush green meadows, and it is a popular destination for hikers and nature lovers.
The Deepest Lake in Pakistan: Karambar Lake
The deepest lake in Pakistan is Karambar Lake, which is located in the Ishkoman Valley in the Ghizer District of Gilgit-Baltistan. The lake is 55 meters (180 feet) deep, and it has a surface area of 263.44 hectares (650 acres). Karambar Lake is also a glacial lake, and it is surrounded by snow-capped mountains. The lake is home to a variety of fish species, and it is a popular destination for fishing and boating.
Sheosar Lake and Karambar Lake are two of the most beautiful and unique lakes in Pakistan. Both lakes are located in stunning mountain settings, and they offer a variety of recreational activities. If you are looking for a truly memorable outdoor experience, be sure to visit one of these incredible lakes.
Here are some additional facts about the highest and deepest lakes in Pakistan:
- Sheosar Lake is one of the highest lakes in the world.
- Karambar Lake is the deepest lake in Pakistan.
- Both lakes are located in the Gilgit-Baltistan region of Pakistan.
- Sheosar Lake is fed by melting snow and ice.
- Karambar Lake is also a glacial lake.
- Sheosar Lake is surrounded by snow-capped mountains and lush green meadows.
- Karambar Lake is surrounded by snow-capped mountains.
- Sheosar Lake is a popular destination for hikers and nature lovers.
- Karambar Lake is also a popular destination for fishing and boating.
I hope you enjoyed learning more about the highest and deepest lakes in Pakistan. These lakes are truly special places, and they offer a unique glimpse into the beauty of the country.